Thursday, February 17, 2011

Two more Days

Nobody knows where I am =P
Today is day 5 of the Thoreau challenge and I am ready for it to be over. As silly as it seems part of me feels like I'm being shunned because I can't talk to people that aren't right beside me. I really don't like it if my roommates aren't home and I'm not sure when they are getting back and can't ask them. I also don't like not being able to talk to my friends  that live across campus or find out what they're doing. Two times this week I did just drive over and stop by to talk to them but I don't always like to do this because I don't know if they're home. Not being able to talk to my parents when I want to also bothers me somewhat. These are the biggest problems I am experiencing with this challenge. I don't feel depressed or like my world is ending or anything I just miss being able to keep in contact with my friends when I want to. I would not want to take on this challenge if it lasted for much more than seven days. I don't completely hate this challenge because I kind of like that nobody can get ahold of me. At times it is nice being secluded and not talking to anybody but I don't like the fact I can't get ahold of others when I want. =P However I do think I won't be so attached to my phone after this challenge because I will  be used to not having it.

1 comment:

  1. They would be some problems with me too. Of course living in the dorms is easier with this part I can just walk next door to talk to my friends. But I would feel lost without my phone. I agree with you on that part, last night I went out and didn't take my phone, just because of the fact people were getting on my nerves texting me. So I thought it would just be easier to not take it with me. That could be a plus about this challenge, you'd be so used to not using it you wouldn't really want it anymore.

    ReplyDelete